Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > General > Sports > Sehawag, Bhajji, Munaf out of tour
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] >

Sehawag, Bhajji, Munaf out of tour




Looks like they have cool their heels and start playing well in the domestic circuit. May be they should be drafted for India A.


Cricinfo staff
June 12, 2007

India's one-day squad: Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid (capt), Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (vice-capt, wk), Rohit Sharma, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar, Piyush Chawla, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Sreesanth.

India's Test squad: Wasim Jaffer, Dinesh Karthik, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid (capt), Sachin Tendulkar (vice-capt), Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Ramesh Powar, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Ranadeb Bose.


 
desi in ottawa

Senior Desi
Member since: May 04
Posts: 1627
Location:

Post ID: 101889 12-06-07 11:17:11
Report Abuse
puttoo
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 05




Posts: 1096
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by desi in ottawa

Looks like they have cool their heels and start playing well in the domestic circuit. May be they should be drafted for India A.


Cricinfo staff
June 12, 2007

India's one-day squad: Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sourav Ganguly, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid (capt), Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (vice-capt, wk), Rohit Sharma, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar, Piyush Chawla, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Sreesanth.

India's Test squad: Wasim Jaffer, Dinesh Karthik, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid (capt), Sachin Tendulkar (vice-capt), Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Ramesh Powar, Anil Kumble, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Ranadeb Bose.



Strange that Dhoni is not in the test squad!!!! Chandu Borde is the coach!!!! he is 72!!! BCCI has lost it completely!!


 
Post ID: 101890 12-06-07 11:23:33
Report Abuse
Garvo GujaratiMember of Administrators
Admin
Member since: Nov 01




Posts: 3088
Location:




Test squad: Rahul Dravid (captain), Wasim Jaffer, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Vangipurappu Laxman, Mahendra Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble, Ramesh Powar, Rudra Pratap Singh, Ranadeb Bose and Ishant Sharma.

One-day squad: Rahul Dravid (captain), Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik, Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Rudra Pratap Singh, Piyush Chawla, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar and Rohit Sharma.


Dhoni is in the list of Test! Something wrong with the previous list.


Chandu Borde is not coach - he is manage. I think it is an intrem arrangement till they fill the post.

Any CD want's to apply for the coach position? How about Maharaj?


-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian Canadian

 
Post ID: 101900 12-06-07 12:48:21
Report Abuse
7wonders
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 03




Posts: 518
Location: Toronto


Quote:
Originally posted by Garvo Gujarati



Test squad: Rahul Dravid (captain), Wasim Jaffer, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Vangipurappu Laxman, Mahendra Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh, Dinesh Karthik, Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Anil Kumble, Ramesh Powar, Rudra Pratap Singh, Ranadeb Bose and Ishant Sharma.

One-day squad: Rahul Dravid (captain), Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa, Sachin Tendulkar, Saurav Ganguly, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Dhoni, Dinesh Karthik, Shanthakumaran Sreesanth, Zaheer Khan, Rudra Pratap Singh, Piyush Chawla, Ramesh Powar, Ajit Agarkar and Rohit Sharma.


Dhoni is in the list of Test! Something wrong with the previous list.


Chandu Borde is not coach - he is manage. I think it is an intrem arrangement till they fill the post.

Any CD want's to apply for the coach position? How about Maharaj?





Wow, they dont understand from big lesson. Still they are trying Sachin, Ganguly and Agarkar. They were talking about Young team.
Dravid,sachin,Agarkar,Ganguly,Laxman are over age already. Why dont they give try to young ppl ..big politics..Chandu borde..picture it self says how in active he is and he is manager. What a shame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVuD_in67M

E mere vatan ke logo.............

If you want to do something for our country, just dont support corruption or be part of it

 
Post ID: 101902 12-06-07 13:16:55
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by Garvo Gujarati
Any CD want's to apply for the coach position? How about Maharaj?


BCCI never Announced anywhere. I don't see BCCI Inviting any Application. Employer is not Professional - how can Employee be?

Still there are too many Slow Movers. I dont think age should be the bar. If it is, then we won't see any Robin Singh making come back.

Natural Athletism is still missing in most of these listed cricketers.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 101909 12-06-07 15:09:18
Report Abuse
puttoo
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 05




Posts: 1096
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Maharaj

[Still there are too many Slow Movers. I dont think age should be the bar. If it is, then we won't see any Robin Singh making come back.

Natural Athletism is still missing in most of these listed cricketers.




Age should not be a bar ..... but then at 72 !!!!! that is no age to go as a manager........ of all the people associated with India cricket .... is thta the best they could do

Would like to know who in your opinion (in inda) has shown "natural athletism".... in any sports for that matter.


 
Post ID: 101910 12-06-07 15:20:35
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by puttooAge should not be a bar ..... but then at 72 !!!!! that is no age to go as a manager........ of all the people associated with India cricket .... is thta the best they could do

Would like to know who in your opinion (in inda) has shown "natural athletism".... in any sports for that matter.


I am not talking about Manager.

Natural Athlete in India ... Out of what I have seen, some names comes out without much of a thought-
Kapil
Azhar
Jadeja
Kaif
Raina
Robin Singh
Karthik
Yuvraj
Leander
Dhanraj
Two players in Hockey - its funny, I can see the face but can't recall the names.

I am sure, I am missing some names here. Its just my way of looking at it.



-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 101914 12-06-07 15:53:56
Report Abuse
puttoo
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 05




Posts: 1096
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Maharaj

Quote:
Originally posted by puttooAge should not be a bar ..... but then at 72 !!!!! that is no age to go as a manager........ of all the people associated with India cricket .... is thta the best they could do

Would like to know who in your opinion (in inda) has shown "natural athletism".... in any sports for that matter.


I am not talking about Manager.

Natural Athlete in India ... Out of what I have seen, some names comes out without much of a thought-
Kapil
Azhar
Jadeja
Kaif
Raina
Robin Singh
Karthik
Yuvraj
Leander
Dhanraj
Two players in Hockey - its funny, I can see the face but can't recall the names.

I am sure, I am missing some names here. Its just my way of looking at it.




from your list of natural athletes playing there are two in the present cricket team. Though i must add .... dropping kaif from indian squad is a big blunder and he should have been in the team..... Leander & dhanraj are past their prime .....kapil , azhar, jadeja, robin are all past their prime ... i was expecting some names of players who you think should have been in indian cricket team because they were good & were natural athletes... your list does not have single name ....... this is the problem with indian cricket .... we want the "young"player ..... wanna know where they are ... we have tried the rainas & vrv's .... but they dont deliver ... youngsters who have shown they are capable of something are there in the team ... robin, dinesh , dhoni ..... they have proved their capabilities and are in team...... This time also they have given chance to couple of youngsters ... let us see how they perform.


 
Post ID: 101916 12-06-07 16:07:21
Report Abuse
Garvo GujaratiMember of Administrators
Admin
Member since: Nov 01




Posts: 3088
Location:



I think we are talking about cricket and not athletics!!

One has to be a good cricketer. Kaif deserves not to be in the team. Enough chances. Just look at his records.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian Canadian

 
Post ID: 101918 12-06-07 16:23:27
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by puttoo
... Leander & dhanraj are past their prime .....kapil , azhar, jadeja, robin are all past their prime ... i was expecting some names of players who you think should have been in indian cricket team because they were good & were natural athletes...


your Question was Would like to know who in your opinion (in inda) has shown "natural athletism".... in any sports for that matter. & hence I listed past & present.

All are/were good in their respective games but I think they worked a lil extra hard to stay fit & injury free.

Quote:
Originally posted by Garvo Gujarati
I think we are talking about cricket and not athletics!!
One has to be a good cricketer. Kaif deserves not to be in the team. Enough chances. Just look at his records.


Cricketer is an Athlete too. He has to be Fit, Agile & Physically Strong.

Kaif should be in the Team if not in playing 11 then surely as a 12th Man. Selection Team has never played smart in choosing 12th Man.

If we have Likes Kaif, Raina, Yuvraj, Karthik ... Team can successfully defend Low Scoring Games. Two teams came home unceremoniously from World Cup. Striking similarity between them both highly talented in Cricket but not swift movers in field. Hmmm

Yes, Cricket is still a game of Bat & Ball. But to win Matches consistently you need good bowlers & very good fielders. Batsman can't win you matches consistently just because he has only once chance at the crease. One mistake from him or umpire & he is out of the game.

PS: On Indian Cricket every Tom, Dick & Harry has an Opinion so do I. :cool:



-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 101959 13-06-07 13:19:29
Report Abuse
Contributors:
7wonders(2)  desi in ottawa(4)  febpreet(1)  Garvo Gujarati(4)  hchheda(2)  kalia(1)  Maharaj(19)  
pratickm(23)  puttoo(34)  Surjeet(7)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.