Policy and Terms of Usage of Canadian Desi
Dear users and/or members:
- http:// (hereafter mentioned as Canadian Desi) is
" non-commercial" activity. There is NO
big commercial organization running or backing it. Naturally
it does not have army of lawyers to go into any legal issues nor the
funds for such things. Hence, please contribute to the site in a positive way. Share your thoughts with
others via discussion forums, put any information that is helpful to
the community in concern sections like shopping lists, event lists,
job list etc. Come here to share the information. However please
keep in mind that this is not a complete site in any sense and so
don't rely on it for anything. The information is posted by many
users like you and the owner of site by no means checking and
validating the information for authenticity. This site is not a replacement of an immigration lawyer. If you don't like what
you see, or the information posted is not worth for you or it does
not help you in any case, then kindly please leave the site.
- THIS SITE IS CREATED WITH HOLY INTENTION OF SERVING
THE COMMUNITY BY PROVIDING TOOLS WHERE USERS CAN SHARE INFORMATION.
If you get addicted to visiting this site and this causes loss of
work or your boss catches you and fires you or anything else
happens, please don't blame Canadian Desi for this or anything
else. Please also note that if you have any implicit or explicit
loss of any kind because of visiting or relying on information
provided in Canadian Desi, this site is not at all responsible for it. Hope It is loud and
- We are not limiting the information sharing in strict way. However
information presented should be for the betterment of community. Any
form of promotion or sales is prohibited. However you can post
information like sales and useful shopping related tips, that are
going to help the community in general.
- I am adding this privacy and terms of usage policy for you to read
and follow so that I am not blamed, legally sued or held responsible
in any way for anything.
- This site is for entertainment of all users and for all users to
share their knowledge, opinions, information and comments on any
topics. Please do not treat this site in any other way - please
remember that it is a information exchange site for your
- The term Canadian means resident of Canada. The
term desi means person from India and South Asia. The word desi is a
local adjective term as used in India's national language Hindi (and
many other language as well) to denote a person from India.
- This site does not have any relationship with any other
organization with similar names.
- I have the right to change the policies of
Canadian Desi as and when it seems appropriate or required. So if you are
concerned, you should check here often and to see if there are
changes in policies.
- So, here is the privacy and terms of usage policy in detail for
your perusal. Please read, understand and follow it carefully.
Also look up the Internet Cookies section which follows
immediately below the privacy and terms of usage policy.
In connection with your use of this web site -
Canadian Desi the following terms apply:
- The information on Canadian Desi might not be complete or accurate, The information is
updated continuously by the users but published information may not be correct or up to date.
- As you may appreciate, information will flow in from various sources around the globe. We cannot guarantee the authenticity and/or accuracy of this information. You are urged to verify the accuracy of any information you may obtain through this website before using it for any purpose. You will be using any information at your own risk. You agree not to hold us liable for any damages arising out of use of any information obtained through this website.
- Canadian Desi
shall not be liable for any claims or losses of any nature, arising indirectly or directly from use of the data or material on this site or unauthorized access to this site or otherwise howsoever arising.
- You are requested to provide information which is as accurate as possible, since it could be used by anyone around the globe. False or untrue information may not only hurt someone, but may also cause unnecessary damage. Since we cannot check received information thoroughly, we urge you to check your sources with care.
- You are not allowed to put illegal information on this site. Any such attempt will result in immediate banning from using the site and also legal actions.
- You will not post, transmit, distribute, store, upload, or destroy
material (i) in violation of any applicable local, state, national,
or international law or regulation, or (ii) in a manner that will
infringe the copyright , trademark, trade secret, patent or other
intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy,
publicity or other personal rights of others.
- You will not post or transmit any message, information, data,
text, software or images, or other materials ("Content")
that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing,
tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, racially,
ethnically or otherwise objectionable or that may invade another's
right of privacy or publicity.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity, including without
limitation a Canadian Desi employee or agent, an authorized user of the Site, a job applicant,
or an employer, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any
person or entity.
- You will not register an e-mail address, which you do not own or
do not have the express permission of the owner to register.
- As a user of the Site, you are responsible for your own
communications and are responsible for the consequences of their
posting. Canadian Desi does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or
reliability of any communications posted by any user or endorse any
opinions expressed by any user. You acknowledge that any reliance on
material posted by other users will be at your own risk.
- The content you are putting on
Canadian Desi is searchable by search engines like google, yahoo, msn
etc. Canadian Desi doesn't own any of those search engines and
doesn't have any control over them.
- Canadian Desi has no obligation to screen communications in advance and is not
responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by any user.
If notified by a user of communications that allegedly do not
- Canadian Desi may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in
its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the
- Canadian Desi is not liable or responsible to any user for performance or
nonperformance of such activities.
- Canadian Desi reserves the right to expel any user and prevent their further
the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or
- We reserve the rights to decide what should be presented here, in what format, and when.
- Nothing presented here may be reproduced in any form without our prior written permission.
- The Site and the Materials may contain inaccuracies or
typographical errors. Canadian Desi makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability,
completeness, or timeliness of the Site or the Materials, and use of
the Site and the Materials is at your own risk. Changes are
periodically made to the Site and may be made at any time.
You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with
whom you come in contact through this Site, including without
limitation, the risks of physical harm, dealing with strangers,
foreign nationals, underage persons, or people acting under false
pretenses. Canadian Desi cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be.
- The opinions and views expressed through different presentations on this website are those of the participants and do not necessarily reflect those of the management of the website.
- THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES. THESE LINKS
ARE PROVIDED SOLELY AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY
SUCH LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY SITE DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY Canadian Desi
OF SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITE OR THE CONTENTS THEREOF. Canadian Desi IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS OF ANY LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITE
OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN SUCH LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITE, AND MAKES NO
REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE
CONTENTS OR ACCURACY OF MATERIALS ON SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITES. IF YOU
DECIDE TO ACCESS LINKED THIRD-PARTY SITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN
- YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE
AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. THIS SITE AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED
ON IT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS
AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS
OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE,
NON-INFRINGEMENT OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION GIVEN BY Canadian Desi,
ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES SHALL MODIFY THE
FOREGOING OR CREATE ANY WARRANTY. Canadian Desi
EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM
OR ON THE INTERNET GENERALLY WILL BE UNINTERRUPTIBLE OR ERROR FREE
OR THAT ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS ACCESSIBLE FROM
THE SYSTEM IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU SHALL
HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE AGAINST Canadian Desi
AS THE SYSTEM PROVIDER FOR ANY ALLEGED OR ACTUAL INFRINGEMENT OF ANY
PROPRIETARY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE IN ANYTHING YOU POST O THIS SITE.
- Canadian Desi
DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE
ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, OR
USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, DATA, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, SOFTWARE OR
PROCESS USED OR DISCLOSED ON THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS
ACCESSIBLE FROM THE SITE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL Canadian Desi
BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH
THE USE OF THIS SITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE IT (OR
ANY LINKED SITES), OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS AND
SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE
USE OF THIS SITE, THE INTERNET GENERALLY OR ON ANY OTHER BASIS.
- BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE
ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THIS LIMITATION OF
LIABILITY OR THE EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS HELD
INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN Canadian Desi's
MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES FOR ALL CLAIMS
ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS SHALL BE LIMITED
- User agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless
its officers, directors, employees, agents, and affiliates from and
against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation
reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from
your use of the Site or the Materials or your breach of these Terms
of Use. Canadian Desi
shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or
proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any
such claim, suit or proceeding.
- Canadian Desi has many user
interactive sections where persons can put information like
classified listings, job requests, information posting etc. There is
no way we can totally control the content. If any such content
causes any harm to you, Canadian Desi is not liable for any such
- Canadian Desi is also providing
a bridge between volunteers offering their help to new immigrants
like airport pickup, initial accommodation, resume writing, job
search and many other areas. Canadian Desi just facilitates the
bridge between the needed persons and volunteers. Canadian Desi does
not have any commercial interest involved in this process. In case
you use this services or provide this services to others and it
causes any harm to you, Canadian Desi is not at all liable to any
- All trademarks and copyrights and intellectual properties are
owned by their respective owners.
- Canadian Desi is having large number of posts,
articles etc. on the immigration and settlement related issues. You
can benefit from it by reading and understanding the situation in
Canada. However Canadian Desi is not an immigration/settlement advise
site. We do not recommend you to make any decisions based on this
site. If you do make any decision, it is yours decision and you will
not held Canadian Desi liable for any such decision.
- If you post any information on the site,
please make sure it is legal information. If you provide anything that
is illegal, your membership will be revoked, any such listings will be
removed immediately and you will be responsible for further
consequences of posting such information.
- You may receive some informative emails from
Canadian Desi and its partner
about site updates, promotion offers etc.
- This site is part of group of website as follows: http://www.CanadianDesi.com, http://www.Canadiandesi.ca, http://www.canadaimmigrants.ca, http://www.immigrationdiscussion.ca, http://www.desiclassifieds.ca and http://www.desibusinesses.ca. Information posted on any of this site will be available to all the above mentioned sites. Time to time we keep adding various sites and your information will also be available to the newly added websits. If you do not want your information to be displayed on any of these sites, please do not post your information here.
- Access to this web-site is confirmation that you have understood
do not use the Canadian Desi
web site and services.
- Once you become member of this site, it can
not be cancelled. However you can choose to "not receive" admin
emails from this site.
- If you decide to not want to use this site any
more, you can simply stop using it. However your content on the site
will be there. You may edit your content in certain sections like
charcha, business listings and posters any time. We will not remove
the content (that can be removed by yourself) on your behalf.
Please note that the
Canadian Desi team strives to keep the forum and other participating areas
a welcome place for all its members. We also take any abuses of our
features very seriously. Canadian Desi is a privately owned website and
membership on the website is a privilege, not a right.
A Canadian Desi administrator or
the Canadian Desi administrator team (hereafter collectively referred to as
the admin team) reserve the right to ban ANY member/IP or delete ANY
content that is deemed as detrimental to the website. There are no
exceptions to the above rule and no justifications need to be provided for
the same. Although a warning may be provided to an offending member prior
to banning, the admin team is under no obligation to notify a member prior
to or after banning.
The admin team can perform
banning in one or both of the following ways. User account banning will
prevent a member from posting on the website and IP banning will prevent a
member from accessing the website altogether.
The admin team may not be held
responsible in ANY WAY for ANY consequences resulting from the banning of
a member/IP and/or the deletion of content.
The following are some examples
of actions that may result in the banning of a member/IP and the deletion
of related content.
Sending unsolicited/threatening emails or PMs (personal
messages) to a member or a group of members.
The email and PM features available in the Profile of each member are
provided to facilitate constructive communication between like minded
members. They are NOT to be used to market products, promote websites or
advertise businesses. This constitutes spamming and we do not allow this
on Canadian Desi. The admin team is the sole and final authority in
determining what constitutes SPAM on the Canadian Desi website and can
immediately ban any members who engage in this activity.
Posting duplicate threads in the discussion
If a member posts duplicate threads or material in the same or different
sections of the discussion forum, this is grounds for banning as well.
Under normal circumstances, the offending member will be warned not to do
post duplicates and the duplicate content will be deleted by a moderator
or an administrator. If a member still continues to post duplicates,
he/she will be banned.
Use of profanity or language that is hurtful
to other members.
Profanity is not allowed on the Canadian Desi website and we strongly
discourage use of curse words. Site Moderators and administrator have
full discretion in determining what words and language in what context can
be allowed on the website and reserve the right to ban any member for
posting profane material. We also reserve the right to ban any member who
engages in personal attacks on other members.
Use of multiple aliases
The admin team reserves the right to ban any member who participate in the
discussion forums using multiple aliases. We strongly discourage this
practice. A banned member suspected of using another alias to participate
on the discussion forums will be banned immediately.
Refusal to follow moderator or administrator
Refusal to follow instructions posted by a moderator or an administrator
can result in immediate banning of a member. Additionally, any member who
makes disparaging remarks about site moderators or administrator can be
banned immediately as well.
Submitting same material over and over in the
shops, classifieds, and other free listing sections.
To help our community we have free listing services on the site. We invite
you to use it for yours’ as well as community’s benefit. However,
submitting same information again and again will result in removing all
your listings and banning your account.
Trying to promote business in wrong section.
If you try to promote your business on wrong sections, like posting it in
the discussion forum or anything that in the views of moderators or
administrator is a wrong place, you will be warned and eventually banned,
if you continue doing so.
Posting of wrong, misleading and illegal
We will not allow anybody using Canadian Desi to post wrong, misleading and
illegal information. Any such instance will immediately result in banning
If you have any complaints about moderator action, please
About Internet Cookies:
- Canadian Desi
uses internet cookies to store the
username and password on the user's local computer.
- You can browse the forums without registering, but to post or
reply to any post, you need to register.
- This use of internet cookies is just to facilitate quick login
without having to enter the login information for every visit to
this site. Beyond this, the cookies do nothing as to the best of
knowledge of Canadian Desi
- IP addresses of local computers from where users visit
Canadian Desi are logged automatically by the software for purposes of security -
so as to trace if some user vandalizes or hacks the site. These IP
addresses are not revealed to anyone else by the software as to the
best of the knowledge of Canadian Desi.
- To respect the privacy and security of
Canadian Desi users, IP addresses gathered will not be revealed to anyone. Only
under extraordinary circumstances like hacking, vandalism, etc. it
might be necessary to reveal these IP addresses to law enforcement
agencies to help bring the culprit to book.
- You may see some advertising banners and web site statistics
counters on this site. Such banners and counters may track the
online behavior of visitors by usage of cookies and other
techniques. Canadian Desi is in NO WAY responsible for
- There are many resources on the Internet which explain what are
internet cookies and how they are used. It is advised that users
read these resources to fully understand internet cookies.
- If any of this internet cookie, IP address or other technical
information is found to be inaccurate then it is simply due to the
limited technical knowledge of the vast internet and other computer
technologies on part of www.Canadian Desi.ca (and not due to
purposeful or malicious intent).
- Access to this web-site is confirmation that you have
understood and accepted these terms.
If you do not accept these
site and services.