Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > General > Our Native Country! > Kejriwal Sacks his Cabinet Minister on Corruption Charges
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] [ 11 ] [ 12 ] [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 ] [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ] [ 19 ]
[ 20 ] [ 21 ] [ 22 ] [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ 25 ] [ 26 ] [ 27 ] [ 28 ] [ 29 ]
[ 30 ] [ 31 ] [ 32 ] [ 33 ] [ 34 ] [ 35 ] [ 36 ] [ 37 ] [ 38 ] [ 39 ]
[ 40 ] [ 41 ] [ 42 ] [ 43 ] [ 44 ] [ 45 ] >

Kejriwal Sacks his Cabinet Minister on Corruption Charges




DELHI INDIAN
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 10




Posts: 296
Location: Toronto


Very well said Febpreet. Totally agree with u.

It's a positive move by AAP in politics. This was required 20- 30 years back. Ministers should have fear of doing wrong.

quote]Originally posted by febpreet

Quote:
Originally posted by hchheda

I think the following writer has nailed our problem perfectly:

http://m.rediff.com/news/column/the-corrupt-indian/20151014.htm

I am not surprised and this will take generations to solve if we started to correct honestly from today.

Hiren



Although, what he said is correct, the article doesn't appear to be complete, but a half baked effort. I would love to see more detailed analysis.

Anyhow!

It takes two to tango. While the public is at fault, the Public administration needs to be strictly enforced. We are at a Chicken and egg situation. Let's first ascertain as to who has the utmost power for system reformation. It's the Politicians. Let them pay heed and provide with the better services to the general public and within a tight date/timeline, do away with the touts and middlemen, as well as make the Public office as efficient as there won't be any need for bribe. Create a set of tightly streamlined rules, procedures, and regulations, that the bribe giver and taker both fear the system. Achieve it in one state first - one by one. On the Central/Federal level, let Modi do the same. He started the cleanliness drive, but until and unless Public shows some initiatives within/right outside their own homes, any drive from Govt. won't achieve anything.

What AAP did was quite right. Publicly shaming the corrupt Leaders and officials is the need of the hour. Don't let the matters slide to the 'paid' media that have their own interests upfront. Make the Leaders/bureaucrats in office susceptible and take their very 'job security'. Once it's done, let them be left with the remorse and keep going until the last nail at the coffin. If someone could do it aptly, then it's AAP in the present scenario.

They have shown it time and again, but detractors are not happy. Well, they are never meant to be.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
DELHI INDIAN

 
Post ID: 228313 14-10-15 22:18:12
Report Abuse
metouk
Senior Desi
Member since: Feb 05




Posts: 220
Location:


It is good move from Kejriwal .
But I have serious concern about Kejriwal's politics . When dadri beef issue happens he rushed to dadri to appease muslims . He invited Gulam Ali for concert in delhi . He is supporting Nitish -lallu - Congress in Bihar . Earlier He took support from Congress to form Government and quit showing the reason that cong-bjp does not allowing him for lokpal . He have absolute mejority now and It has been more than 6 months and He did not bring lokpal . I have serious doubt about this man's motives . If He confined himself to delhi - no problem but He is opposing BJP where ever he gets chance . His intention is to play with public sentiments and anger and create anarchy and thats what Ford foundation and enemies of India want.


 
Post ID: 228317 15-10-15 01:26:43
Report Abuse
zindabad
Senior Desi
Member since: Sep 12




Posts: 291
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by san-hugo

Quote:
Originally posted by zindabad

दिल्ली वालो की हालत जुदाई फिल्म के जानी लीवर के जैसी हो गयी है। बडे अरमानों से दुल्हन लाये थे
पर घूँघट उठाते ही दुल्हन बोली:-

अब्बा डब्बा चब्बा

:down: :down:




Good Joke :-), Same can be said about BJP , Modi in particular in center. Whole India and now world is facing Abba Dabba Chabba

How about checking out in next elections when Delhi people will still prefer Kejriwal's abba dabba chabba over RSS/BJP 's Communal dhhabbba.





:cheers: :cheers:



A man whose errors take ten years to correct is quite a man ~ Julius Robert Oppenheimer


 
Post ID: 228318 15-10-15 01:50:15
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by metouk

It is good move from Kejriwal .
But I have serious concern about Kejriwal's politics . When dadri beef issue happens he rushed to dadri to appease muslims . He invited Gulam Ali for concert in delhi . He is supporting Nitish -lallu - Congress in Bihar . Earlier He took support from Congress to form Government and quit showing the reason that cong-bjp does not allowing him for lokpal . He have absolute mejority now and It has been more than 6 months and He did not bring lokpal . I have serious doubt about this man's motives . If He confined himself to delhi - no problem but He is opposing BJP where ever he gets chance . His intention is to play with public sentiments and anger and create anarchy and thats what Ford foundation and enemies of India want.



Let's see!

When Dadri incident happened, all Liberals (Ok, you are free to call us Pseudo-Liberals - I won't mind) opposed it, and when possible rushed to the scene. Now, when the affected individual is from a different religion, you can call it appeasing. For sure! Different people, diverse viewpoints. However, you have trouble calling this incident a shameful and a blot on Indian secularism, least of which is an utter crime for no apparent and valid reason.

I am all for welcoming Ghulam Ali while being his ardent fan. In fact, I had been in one of his concerts with Jagjit Singh at Siri Fort Auditoriam way back in 2002. So, I don't know what the brouhaha is all about. Rather than voicing your concerns at the way Shiv Sena goons operate in Mumbai you too attacking a harmless and genuine artist.

Furthermore, I agree with you on Lokpal. I too am waiting as to when this works out.

As for Congress support, yes at that time Congress did offer unconditional support and it was accepted. What followed thereafter is right there in front of us.

Also, what's wrong with opposing the party that he fought elections against? He's not going to sit on BJP's lap while being in Power at Delhi. It's been BJP that proved to be a nightmare for Delhites and used the LG against an elected AAP Govt.

If you still have doubts, you can ask people of Delhi if AAP Govt is anarchist? If you didn't get the answer during the Delhi elections, then I am not sure what you are after.


 
Last edited by: febpreet on 15-10-15 02:09:58
Post ID: 228319 15-10-15 01:59:27
Report Abuse
metouk
Senior Desi
Member since: Feb 05




Posts: 220
Location:


Kejriwal may be Good for delhi BUT not good India . If he stay confined to delhi - no issue but He is opposing BJP in each and every step . It seems that he forget his aim of Lokpal and concentrating to destabilize BJP govt . I did not understand why he oppose land reform bill and did big rallie in delhi where one crazy farmer sucide ? Show me the valid reason to support Nitish-Lalluuu - Congi in Bihar .
I asume that his only aim to oppose who ever in centre . Raise the issue of public's anger and destabilize India .


 
Last edited by: metouk on 15-10-15 02:09:05
Post ID: 228321 15-10-15 02:08:22
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by metouk

Kejriwal may be Good for delhi BUT not good India . If he stay confined to delhi - no issue but He is opposing BJP in each and every step . It seems that he forget his aim of Lokpal and concentrating to destabilize BJP govt . I did not understand why he oppose land reform bill and did big rallie in delhi where one crazy farmer sucide ? Show me the valid reason to support Nitish-Lalluuu - Congi in Bihar .
I asume that his only aim to oppose who ever in centre . Raise the issue of public's anger and destabilize India .



Kejriwal is good for Delhi, and as far as I can sense after the LS debacle, his only focus is the States, where he sees his apparent strength. One being, Punjab. I don't think he's trying to focus on Pan India.

In principal, he's out to oppose BJP, which are his biggest detractors. What's wrong with it? Is BJP holier than thou? I thought there are about 68% that opposed BJP in the last LS elections.

I will be suprised if he could de-stabilize BJP. For that matter, it's BJP that is more concerned about Kejriwal's popularity among the Liberal crowd.

As far as I know, BJP themselves opposed the Land Reform Bill while in opposition.

I agree with you on the Nitish-Lalu support. Still haven't got my head around as to why he was there at the rally. May be just to show the magnitude of his disliking of BJP. Not quite sure.


 
Last edited by: febpreet on 15-10-15 02:19:10
Post ID: 228322 15-10-15 02:16:51
Report Abuse
DELHI INDIAN
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 10




Posts: 296
Location: Toronto


The only reason I see AK went and praised Nitish Kumar to get political strength. The way his party was badly handled by central govt and LG few months back and they wanted to show AK that he will not be allowed to work. He wanted to show BJP that he can also do politics.He gained confidence of opposition. Since then u don't see much fight of him with LG.
What's wrong in critisizing BJP? What good they are doing to country exept Modi hard work to get foreign investment. I don't mind if he critize Modi or Modi critize AK if they can deliver. I don't want to be a fan of AK or Modi, BJP or AAP, all I want them to see deliver and correct basis problems. As far his performance in Delhi, he is not as per expectations and Jan Lok pal is surely a big concerns. Only thing I liked about his governance in Delhi is focussing on some basic problems, ministers and MLA running around every day. I have not seen in past 35 years ministers visiting government school, hospitals and making frequent surprise visit. I have not seen any MLA's so easily accessible to public that any one can walk to them and talk.


Quote:
Originally posted by metouk

It is good move from Kejriwal .
But I have serious concern about Kejriwal's politics . When dadri beef issue happens he rushed to dadri to appease muslims . He invited Gulam Ali for concert in delhi . He is supporting Nitish -lallu - Congress in Bihar . Earlier He took support from Congress to form Government and quit showing the reason that cong-bjp does not allowing him for lokpal . He have absolute mejority now and It has been more than 6 months and He did not bring lokpal . I have serious doubt about this man's motives . If He confined himself to delhi - no problem but He is opposing BJP where ever he gets chance . His intention is to play with public sentiments and anger and create anarchy and thats what Ford foundation and enemies of India want.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
DELHI INDIAN

 
Post ID: 228323 15-10-15 08:31:00
Report Abuse
Garvo GujaratiMember of Administrators
Admin
Member since: Nov 01




Posts: 3087
Location:


No matter how bitter he wants to be with Narendra Modi, supporting Nitish Kumar and Lalu Yadav Government in Bihar is against the basic principal of why Kejriwal came into power.

Remember folks, Lalu is a convicted criminal with proven corruption charges by highest court of this country. There could be 1000 other politicians who are facing criminal charges, but being accused and being convicted is very different. One is a Criminal and another is a potential Criminal. Even Kejri himself faces so many charges.

How can Kejriwal support a proven Criminal like Lalu?

Supporters can argue that he is not supporting Lalu, he is just supporting Nitish, but that is a rubbish argument - eventually you want to bring back those folks who were responsible for Jungle Raaj and Corruption. More than half ministers and even the Deputy Chief Minister will be from that party.

One good thing will happen if Maha-Thug-Bandhan will come into Power. Ashutosh will have to do a great job in defending each and every corruption cases by those Thugs. He will be very busy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian Canadian

 
Post ID: 228344 16-10-15 09:00:28
Report Abuse
hchheda
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 05




Posts: 2244
Location: Woodbridge


Quote:
Originally posted by febpreet

Quote:
Originally posted by hchheda

I think the following writer has nailed our problem perfectly:

http://m.rediff.com/news/column/the-corrupt-indian/20151014.htm

I am not surprised and this will take generations to solve if we started to correct honestly from today.

Hiren



Although, what he said is correct, the article doesn't appear to be complete, but a half baked effort. I would love to see more detailed analysis.

Anyhow!

It takes two to tango. While the public is at fault, the Public administration needs to be strictly enforced. We are at a Chicken and egg situation. Let's first ascertain as to who has the utmost power for system reformation. It's the Politicians. Let them pay heed and provide with the better services to the general public and within a tight date/timeline, do away with the touts and middlemen, as well as make the Public office as efficient as there won't be any need for bribe. Create a set of tightly streamlined rules, procedures, and regulations, that the bribe giver and taker both fear the system. Achieve it in one state first - one by one. On the Central/Federal level, let Modi do the same. He started the cleanliness drive, but until and unless Public shows some initiatives within/right outside their own homes, any drive from Govt. won't achieve anything.

What AAP did was quite right. Publicly shaming the corrupt Leaders and officials is the need of the hour. Don't let the matters slide to the 'paid' media that have their own interests upfront. Make the Leaders/bureaucrats in office susceptible and take their very 'job security'. Once it's done, let them be left with the remorse and keep going until the last nail at the coffin. If someone could do it aptly, then it's AAP in the present scenario.

They have shown it time and again, but detractors are not happy. Well, they are never meant to be.



We are back to chicken and egg issue - the NETAs are one of us - if the voting pool is dirty, the flower in it will be the same. We are failing to see our own corruption and trying to point fingers at others.

When the public demonstrates no-nonsense attitude to corruption - it will begin to disappear, eventually. Major corruption is in the administration, not the politician. Administration is made of us educate people who appeared and cleared UPSC/IPS exams. It is these guys who teach the politicians how to make money and how to distribute.

We can agree to disagree.

Hiren


 
Post ID: 228345 16-10-15 10:21:22
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by hchheda

Quote:
Originally posted by febpreet

Quote:
Originally posted by hchheda

I think the following writer has nailed our problem perfectly:

http://m.rediff.com/news/column/the-corrupt-indian/20151014.htm

I am not surprised and this will take generations to solve if we started to correct honestly from today.

Hiren



Although, what he said is correct, the article doesn't appear to be complete, but a half baked effort. I would love to see more detailed analysis.

Anyhow!

It takes two to tango. While the public is at fault, the Public administration needs to be strictly enforced. We are at a Chicken and egg situation. Let's first ascertain as to who has the utmost power for system reformation. It's the Politicians. Let them pay heed and provide with the better services to the general public and within a tight date/timeline, do away with the touts and middlemen, as well as make the Public office as efficient as there won't be any need for bribe. Create a set of tightly streamlined rules, procedures, and regulations, that the bribe giver and taker both fear the system. Achieve it in one state first - one by one. On the Central/Federal level, let Modi do the same. He started the cleanliness drive, but until and unless Public shows some initiatives within/right outside their own homes, any drive from Govt. won't achieve anything.

What AAP did was quite right. Publicly shaming the corrupt Leaders and officials is the need of the hour. Don't let the matters slide to the 'paid' media that have their own interests upfront. Make the Leaders/bureaucrats in office susceptible and take their very 'job security'. Once it's done, let them be left with the remorse and keep going until the last nail at the coffin. If someone could do it aptly, then it's AAP in the present scenario.

They have shown it time and again, but detractors are not happy. Well, they are never meant to be.



We are back to chicken and egg issue - the NETAs are one of us - if the voting pool is dirty, the flower in it will be the same. We are failing to see our own corruption and trying to point fingers at others.

When the public demonstrates no-nonsense attitude to corruption - it will begin to disappear, eventually. Major corruption is in the administration, not the politician. Administration is made of us educate people who appeared and cleared UPSC/IPS exams. It is these guys who teach the politicians how to make money and how to distribute.

We can agree to disagree.

Hiren



I agree to that.


 
Post ID: 228353 16-10-15 15:39:21
Report Abuse
Contributors:
Blue_Peafowl(3)  civilengineer20978(1)  DELHI INDIAN(13)  Delhite(27)  dhaval(4)  dsd(24)  elmer fudd(1)  
febpreet(58)  Fido(39)  Garvo Gujarati(58)  hchheda(13)  JRF(1)  metouk(40)  northyork_desi(2)  
ramar2005(4)  RBO(16)  san-hugo(54)  Surti(2)  tamilkuravan(1)  vagg(2)  zindabad(81)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ]
[ 10 ] [ 11 ] [ 12 ] [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 ] [ 16 ] [ 17 ] [ 18 ] [ 19 ]
[ 20 ] [ 21 ] [ 22 ] [ 23 ] [ 24 ] [ 25 ] [ 26 ] [ 27 ] [ 28 ] [ 29 ]
[ 30 ] [ 31 ] [ 32 ] [ 33 ] [ 34 ] [ 35 ] [ 36 ] [ 37 ] [ 38 ] [ 39 ]
[ 40 ] [ 41 ] [ 42 ] [ 43 ] [ 44 ] [ 45 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.