Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > About Canada > Jobs > JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEGAL AND FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >

JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEGAL AND FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS




Hello friends,
I am a comparatively new member of this site. I applied for immigration in the mid of 2001. I keep visiting this site to acquire knowledge about Canada and its people. Everything seems to be exciting. But what about the job market? I am a qualified financial and legal professional and work with a Company, which has some name in Canada. I mostly notice people with technical qualifications and experience going to Canada. It would be really great if some one could inform me about the job scenario as far as openings for financial and legal professionals are concerned.
Thanks!


 
desicanadian

Junior Desi
Member since: Dec 03
Posts: 3
Location:

Post ID: 5141 04-12-03 08:55:11
Report Abuse
chandresh
Senior Desi
Member since: Mar 03




Posts: 2604
Location: Toronto


Four best careers in Canada:

Legal
Financial Advisor
Medicine
Real Estate

However, when you say you are a qualified legal and financial advisor, do you mean to say qualified in Canada or in India???

If in India, these qualifications do not hold any value here. You have to redo everything to get Canadian designations!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Chandresh

Advice is free lessons I charge for!!

 
Post ID: 5241 05-12-03 20:22:09
Report Abuse
desicanadian
Junior Desi
Member since: Dec 03




Posts: 3
Location:

Dear Mr. Chandresh
Sir,
First of all please accept my thanks for your response.

I hold qualifications from Indian University and Institute. I am a B.Com and Law graduate from Delhi University. I am also a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India, New Delhi.

Presently I am working with a multinational company as Company Secretary and Manager Legal and have about three years of post qualification full time work experience.

Please let me know, if you are aware, whether it is possible for me to take up any course releted to my filed from a Canadian University / Institute while being in India?

I shall be grateful for your advice.
Thanks



 
Last edited by: desicanadian on 08-12-03 01:53:52
Post ID: 5324 08-12-03 01:51:47
Report Abuse
sandeepdatta99
Junior Desi
Member since: Mar 09




Posts: 8
Location:


every Indian qualification needs to be upgraded overhere in Canada and it takes 6 months to 3 years average. Jobs are rare. First two months to search. Than if lucky and you get it, starts from 1000 to 1500 for single. if no kids both work may manage 3000 starting.

 
Post ID: 142032 18-04-09 20:33:01
Report Abuse
javed323
Junior Desi
Member since: Dec 09




Posts: 7
Location:

financial and legal professional from India or Pakistan
hi
If you are a legal and financial Degree holder from India or Pakistan, you are just the person for Canadians who never went to School.
All grade 10 and grade 12 drop out Canadians will be your boss here and you will be in hot water.
Actually if I explain to you in layman language, Canada is a labor colony for USA.
If you really want to do something here you need to be certified in some courses like CGA, which take a lot of time with kitchen expense.
You will face hidden discrimination a lot because of their labor (Mazdoor) mentality.
A degree in Ph.D in their eyes is an alphabet, I worked for a pharmaceutical company and when I applied for an internal Research Chemist posting ,the HR Representative asked about my Education and I told her that I am a B.S with chemistry. Her answer was that I can not apply for the job because they are looking for someone with a B.sc Degree in Chemistry.
My heart started crying and realized how great GOD is.
There is an official report that mentioned that 5 million Canadians can not read and write.
You will be lucky if you get a favor from someone from your country in your own field.
Otherwise you will be playing in the hands of grade 10 or 12 drop out
I always advised people after getting their citizenship to move to USA, a better place and a bigger Market.
Over here if you look for one drop out grade 10 Canadian, you will find thousands more
When I came here all of Mississauga (city) was a Corn field but these educated immigrants turned these corn fields into a big real estate for Canadians.
All drug formulations Scientists or chemical developers are from India working with a 50% less salary than Canadian graduates.
The above picture is representing 95% of immigrants from India and Pakistan.
Good luck and welcome to Canada













Quote:
Originally posted by desicanadian

Hello friends,
I am a comparatively new member of this site. I applied for immigration in the mid of 2001. I keep visiting this site to acquire knowledge about Canada and its people. Everything seems to be exciting. But what about the job market? I am a qualified financial and legal professional and work with a Company, which has some name in Canada. I mostly notice people with technical qualifications and experience going to Canada. It would be really great if some one could inform me about the job scenario as far as openings for financial and legal professionals are concerned.
Thanks!




:clap:


 
Post ID: 156586 16-01-10 22:49:04
Report Abuse
Vandematram
Senior Desi
Member since: Nov 08




Posts: 1448
Location: Sunny - Leone


Javed Mian Zindabad !.

Achee Bol, Suchee Bol!.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sunny Leone a true Canadian DESI now back in India !.

 
Post ID: 156628 17-01-10 20:21:21
Report Abuse
dan
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 05




Posts: 449
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by javed323

hi
If you are a legal and financial Degree holder from India or Pakistan, you are just the person for Canadians who never went to School.
All grade 10 and grade 12 drop out Canadians will be your boss here and you will be in hot water.
Actually if I explain to you in layman language, Canada is a labor colony for USA.
If you really want to do something here you need to be certified in some courses like CGA, which take a lot of time with kitchen expense.
You will face hidden discrimination a lot because of their labor (Mazdoor) mentality.
A degree in Ph.D in their eyes is an alphabet, I worked for a pharmaceutical company and when I applied for an internal Research Chemist posting ,the HR Representative asked about my Education and I told her that I am a B.S with chemistry. Her answer was that I can not apply for the job because they are looking for someone with a B.sc Degree in Chemistry.
My heart started crying and realized how great GOD is.
There is an official report that mentioned that 5 million Canadians can not read and write.
You will be lucky if you get a favor from someone from your country in your own field.
Otherwise you will be playing in the hands of grade 10 or 12 drop out
I always advised people after getting their citizenship to move to USA, a better place and a bigger Market.
Over here if you look for one drop out grade 10 Canadian, you will find thousands more
When I came here all of Mississauga (city) was a Corn field but these educated immigrants turned these corn fields into a big real estate for Canadians.
All drug formulations Scientists or chemical developers are from India working with a 50% less salary than Canadian graduates.
The above picture is representing 95% of immigrants from India and Pakistan.
Good luck and welcome to Canada


I thought the scene had changed. The above post means that it is still as tough ?













Quote:
Originally posted by desicanadian

Hello friends,
I am a comparatively new member of this site. I applied for immigration in the mid of 2001. I keep visiting this site to acquire knowledge about Canada and its people. Everything seems to be exciting. But what about the job market? I am a qualified financial and legal professional and work with a Company, which has some name in Canada. I mostly notice people with technical qualifications and experience going to Canada. It would be really great if some one could inform me about the job scenario as far as openings for financial and legal professionals are concerned.
Thanks!




:clap:



 
Post ID: 156644 18-01-10 07:17:25
Report Abuse
Asad Siddiqui
Junior Desi
Member since: Jan 10




Posts: 2
Location:

10th and 12 th dropouts
:clap: :clap:
Javed Brother !

You had shown a very nice sugar coated picture of Canada.

" Na Kha sakte Na Thuk Sakte"



 
Post ID: 156703 19-01-10 01:00:03
Report Abuse
ILOVENA
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 09




Posts: 295
Location:


It is sad that when one writes \\\"sob stories\\\", there are many who will applaud him, praise him, because in their view, they have been wronged. Once again, this comes out an inability to integrate here. If you were to look for true education, and not degrees (which we flaunt all the time), you perhaps need to watch \\\"3 idiots\\\".

First of all, it is not about degrees. It is about knowledge. No matter how you feel, the fact is this - you need knowledge that you can use, not degrees - unless it is backed by the \\\"vidya\\\" you gained while in school. I have come across scores of so called \\\"white Canadians\\\", who are just high school graduates, who have more knowledge than degree holders from India or Pakistan. I work for the media industry here, and some of my colleagues (who are just high school graduates) know as much as I do - I by the way have a masters in business, under my belt. That does not make me feel inferior, in any way. I only wish I went to primary,middle and high school here - It would have been fun!

If you watched \\\"3 idiots\\\", remember the scene where Aamir Khan asks \\\"what new have you learned here\\\"? I challenge my countrymen and those from Pakistan to tell me, how the education system has changed in the last 25 years, and how you can use the knowledge in your day to day life.

Let us face it - there are two categories of people. A majority of them are cry babies. All they do, all the time is complain about \\\"discrimination, racism, lack of recognition, yada, yada, yada\\\". Why should we expect Canada to be similar to India or Pakistan, when it comes to society? Why should we expect this country to recognize our credentials? We come from countries where for 20,000 rupees, you can purchase an MBA degree. For 10,000 rupees, you can purchase an undergraduate degree. That said, why in the world would you expect the society to look the other way, and recognize our education?

As for every example of a \\\"white Canadian\\\" earning more than a desi, I can show an example of a \\\"brown guy\\\" earning more than a white guy. These flawed examples will not help us. Yes you can feel great from within - feel that you made a point............... but beyond that what benefit do you derive.

I am not sure how many of us desis are here, in Canada, to change society, and bring in a new world order. For the most of us (which is the second category, I forgot to mention in the third paragraph of this post), the choice is clear - go back to school, and work your way up. If you are focused, smart and have a \\\"never give up\\\" attitude, no one, absolutely NO ONE (including a \\\"white Canadian\\\";) can stop you from succeeding.

Yes this may not be as fair and just a society as we would like it to be......... but how was it back home? If everything was great, why did we come here, in the first place? A point to ponder about !!


 
Post ID: 156776 20-01-10 11:58:22
Report Abuse
nishant3112
Senior Desi
Member since: Apr 08




Posts: 189
Location: Niagara Falls


Quote:
Originally posted by ILOVENA

It is sad that when one writes \\\"sob stories\\\", there are many who will applaud him, praise him, because in their view, they have been wronged. Once again, this comes out an inability to integrate here. If you were to look for true education, and not degrees (which we flaunt all the time), you perhaps need to watch \\\"3 idiots\\\".

First of all, it is not about degrees. It is about knowledge. No matter how you feel, the fact is this - you need knowledge that you can use, not degrees - unless it is backed by the \\\"vidya\\\" you gained while in school. I have come across scores of so called \\\"white Canadians\\\", who are just high school graduates, who have more knowledge than degree holders from India or Pakistan. I work for the media industry here, and some of my colleagues (who are just high school graduates) know as much as I do - I by the way have a masters in business, under my belt. That does not make me feel inferior, in any way. I only wish I went to primary,middle and high school here - It would have been fun!

If you watched \\\"3 idiots\\\", remember the scene where Aamir Khan asks \\\"what new have you learned here\\\"? I challenge my countrymen and those from Pakistan to tell me, how the education system has changed in the last 25 years, and how you can use the knowledge in your day to day life.

Let us face it - there are two categories of people. A majority of them are cry babies. All they do, all the time is complain about \\\"discrimination, racism, lack of recognition, yada, yada, yada\\\". Why should we expect Canada to be similar to India or Pakistan, when it comes to society? Why should we expect this country to recognize our credentials? We come from countries where for 20,000 rupees, you can purchase an MBA degree. For 10,000 rupees, you can purchase an undergraduate degree. That said, why in the world would you expect the society to look the other way, and recognize our education?

As for every example of a \\\"white Canadian\\\" earning more than a desi, I can show an example of a \\\"brown guy\\\" earning more than a white guy. These flawed examples will not help us. Yes you can feel great from within - feel that you made a point............... but beyond that what benefit do you derive.

I am not sure how many of us desis are here, in Canada, to change society, and bring in a new world order. For the most of us (which is the second category, I forgot to mention in the third paragraph of this post), the choice is clear - go back to school, and work your way up. If you are focused, smart and have a \\\"never give up\\\" attitude, no one, absolutely NO ONE (including a \\\"white Canadian\\\";) can stop you from succeeding.

Yes this may not be as fair and just a society as we would like it to be......... but how was it back home? If everything was great, why did we come here, in the first place? A point to ponder about !!



very well said ILOVENA...its how u see the glass..half empty or half filled..:clap:


 
Post ID: 156779 20-01-10 12:22:45
Report Abuse
Contributors:
Asad Siddiqui(1)  chandresh(1)  dan(1)  desicanadian(2)  ILOVENA(1)  ITguy07(1)  javed323(1)  
nishant3112(1)  sandeepdatta99(1)  Vandematram(1)  yasiralik(1)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.