Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > About Canada > Networking > Moving to canada with family
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] >

Moving to canada with family




Many
Senior Desi
Member since: May 13




Posts: 104
Location:


No wonder cleaning-up the Ganges is now the high-profile project of our new Govt :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Many

 
Post ID: 223083 15-06-15 22:53:42
Report Abuse
New immigrant
Junior Desi
Member since: Jul 14




Posts: 32
Location:


We applied from Dubai through XXXXX in DAFZA. They are OK. However our application process took 5 long years of a frustrating wait. Finally we received our confirmation last year, did our first landing last October and received our PR cards. We are winding up for good and migrating in September.

Good luck!


 
Post ID: 223089 16-06-15 02:03:24
Report Abuse
ramar2005
Senior Desi
Member since: Sep 04




Posts: 1233
Location: India.


Quote:
Originally posted by adamthorat

Apply to Canada , Australia & New Zealand ..and then forget about it :) ..whichever country you get first, go there. I think you just want to get out of Dubai, so doesn't matter which Western country you go to:)

Don't think too much about it..just fill the application properly and without any errors..and just keep on working in Dubai as a banker & saving your money.

Whatever will happen , will happen in the background..you have NO control over it..either you will get it or you won't. Some people come here within 6 months , some 5 years !!..others never as application gets rejected.

Canada accepts between 250,000 - 300,000 immigrants each year, that's roughly their quota..your application will be one of them .

People apply for immigration and then start dreaming about it, putting their lives on hold in their respective countries & start day dreaming. Don't do that ..its just an application, apply ..forget about it & carry on with your normal routine in your respective country..act as if you NEVER applied.

Don't tell anyone about your plans till the final visa lands in your hand..only then drop the bombshell..he he ;)



Some real words of wisdom by adam, not available even from the best of consultants.

There is a still better short cut for good life. Save all the money possible, get back to homeland, home town, ancestral house if possible. Live a frugal life (not by Gandhian but your own standard), enjoy life without show-off (otherwise people may queue up for loan). Indulge in all the gossip on politics, cricket, relatives etc., to your heart's content. Being successful in Canada may be great achievement. But why climb Everest to complain it is very cold and lonely at the top.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


 
Post ID: 223090 16-06-15 02:10:31
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by ramar2005

Quote:
Originally posted by adamthorat

Apply to Canada , Australia & New Zealand ..and then forget about it :) ..whichever country you get first, go there. I think you just want to get out of Dubai, so doesn't matter which Western country you go to:)

Don't think too much about it..just fill the application properly and without any errors..and just keep on working in Dubai as a banker & saving your money.

Whatever will happen , will happen in the background..you have NO control over it..either you will get it or you won't. Some people come here within 6 months , some 5 years !!..others never as application gets rejected.

Canada accepts between 250,000 - 300,000 immigrants each year, that's roughly their quota..your application will be one of them .

People apply for immigration and then start dreaming about it, putting their lives on hold in their respective countries & start day dreaming. Don't do that ..its just an application, apply ..forget about it & carry on with your normal routine in your respective country..act as if you NEVER applied.

Don't tell anyone about your plans till the final visa lands in your hand..only then drop the bombshell..he he ;)



Some real words of wisdom by adam, not available even from the best of consultants.

There is a still better short cut for good life. Save all the money possible, get back to homeland, home town, ancestral house if possible. Live a frugal life (not by Gandhian but your own standard), enjoy life without show-off (otherwise people may queue up for loan). Indulge in all the gossip on politics, cricket, relatives etc., to your heart's content. Being successful in Canada may be great achievement. But why climb Everest to complain it is very cold and lonely at the top.



Gold...


 
Post ID: 223092 16-06-15 02:55:16
Report Abuse
happywoman36
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 13




Posts: 1637
Location: Toronto


Quote:
Originally posted by febpreet

Quote:
Originally posted by ramar2005

Quote:
Originally posted by adamthorat

Apply to Canada , Australia & New Zealand ..and then forget about it :) ..whichever country you get first, go there. I think you just want to get out of Dubai, so doesn't matter which Western country you go to:)

Don't think too much about it..just fill the application properly and without any errors..and just keep on working in Dubai as a banker & saving your money.

Whatever will happen , will happen in the background..you have NO control over it..either you will get it or you won't. Some people come here within 6 months , some 5 years !!..others never as application gets rejected.

Canada accepts between 250,000 - 300,000 immigrants each year, that's roughly their quota..your application will be one of them .

People apply for immigration and then start dreaming about it, putting their lives on hold in their respective countries & start day dreaming. Don't do that ..its just an application, apply ..forget about it & carry on with your normal routine in your respective country..act as if you NEVER applied.

Don't tell anyone about your plans till the final visa lands in your hand..only then drop the bombshell..he he ;)



Some real words of wisdom by adam, not available even from the best of consultants.

There is a still better short cut for good life. Save all the money possible, get back to homeland, home town, ancestral house if possible. Live a frugal life (not by Gandhian but your own standard), enjoy life without show-off (otherwise people may queue up for loan). Indulge in all the gossip on politics, cricket, relatives etc., to your heart's content. Being successful in Canada may be great achievement. But why climb Everest to complain it is very cold and lonely at the top.



Gold...




Lol...AT, it's useless to warn people that, Canada or western countries don't hv money plant/tree. They wil backfire us asking us what we are doing staying here. So... let them learn the hard way. Without knowing swimming, they will jump into the swimming pool and either they wil learn to swim or they will drown. It's their baby.

Somehow, everybody loves western countries and white people. In gulf and middle east, they are so crazy about white people that, they are offered 3-4 times more salary. The white are so crooked that they take advantage of this and don't work hard and earn good salary showing off their white skin.;)

In India too, ur value increases if they know we have come frm Canada or western countries. Every girls wanna marry NRI phir who dusri ya thisri shadi kyon na ho. :( I would advise parents never marry ur daughters to NRI ever, i.e if u want ur daughter to be happy. Ur NRI son in law, will count everything $1 = Rs. 52 and never enjoy simple moments of life nor will he allow ur daughter to enjoy the moments nor let her live peacefully.

Lastly, wherever u are, it's ur life, nobody is here to entertain u so, u have to live ur life, the best way you can, by having hobbies like gardening, reading etc. Loneliness is state of mind. :)



-----------------------------------------------------------------
Revenge can be bitter sweet, but if u sit back and watch, KARMA can be pure entertainment.:)

 
Last edited by: happywoman36 on 16-06-15 10:23:59
Post ID: 223095 16-06-15 10:09:32
Report Abuse
tamilkuravan
Senior Desi
Member since: Jun 05




Posts: 5736
Location: God's own country


We applied from Dubai through XXXXX in DAFZA. They are OK. However our application process took 5 long years of a frustrating wait. Finally we received our confirmation last year, did our first landing last October and received our PR cards. We are winding up for good and migrating in September.

Good luck!


Lol !
We know who this "XXXXX" is.
You could have applied yourselves and saved a lot of $'s. I am sure that XXXXX by this time, would have gained experience to write information and fill in forms and post. In 2000 in India, this XXXXX will give the forms to you and ask you to fill in the information. They will only fill in the consultant / agent details and act as a postman.

Somehow, people think that this is a specialized job to be done by XXXXX WHich is not.
I our times, whoever applied through WWWWW got their application processed in 1 year (with interview waiver) whereas mine took 3 years. I was working in Saudi at that time.

Anyways, welcome to Canada. More trails and Tribulations await you here.

Murali

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Gents and not a Ladies.

 
Post ID: 223096 16-06-15 10:17:47
Report Abuse
adamthorat
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 11




Posts: 1041
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by tamilkuravan

We applied from Dubai through XXXXX in DAFZA. They are OK. However our application process took 5 long years of a frustrating wait. Finally we received our confirmation last year, did our first landing last October and received our PR cards. We are winding up for good and migrating in September.

Good luck!


Lol !
We know who this "XXXXX" is.
You could have applied yourselves and saved a lot of $'s. I am sure that XXXXX by this time, would have gained experience to write information and fill in forms and post. In 2000 in India, this XXXXX will give the forms to you and ask you to fill in the information. They will only fill in the consultant / agent details and act as a postman.

Somehow, people think that this is a specialized job to be done by XXXXX WHich is not.
I our times, whoever applied through WWWWW got their application processed in 1 year (with interview waiver) whereas mine took 3 years. I was working in Saudi at that time.

Anyways, welcome to Canada. More trails and Tribulations await you here.

Murali



He he ..W-W-I-C-S ..he he :)


 
Last edited by: adamthorat on 16-06-15 12:42:41
Post ID: 223106 16-06-15 12:42:09
Report Abuse
adamthorat
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 11




Posts: 1041
Location:


When you type W-W-I-C-S without the - it automatically becomes XXXXX ...he he ..looks like they are banned from this forum ..he he :)

 
Post ID: 223107 16-06-15 12:44:39
Report Abuse
adamthorat
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 11




Posts: 1041
Location:


Quote:



In India too, ur value increases if they know we have come frm Canada or western countries. Every girls wanna marry NRI phir who dusri ya thisri shadi kyon na ho. :( I would advise parents never marry ur daughters to NRI ever, i.e if u want ur daughter to be happy. Ur NRI son in law, will count everything $1 = Rs. 52 and never enjoy simple moments of life nor will he allow ur daughter to enjoy the moments nor let her live peacefully.




Gopal is also a NRI now :)..no Indian girl from India will marry him now..he he :)

He will marry a GORI over here now ;)..or a BLACK girl or Chinese girl :)



 
Post ID: 223108 16-06-15 12:49:17
Report Abuse
Fido
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 06




Posts: 5271
Location: Canada


Quote:
Originally posted by happywoman36
Lastly, wherever u are, it's ur life, nobody is here to entertain u so, u have to live ur life, the best way you can, by having hobbies like gardening, reading etc. Loneliness is state of mind. :)



I thought some times back you had written that for 4-5 months , one feels lonely @ home in Canada .... wonder why reading and other things could not help much ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Fido.

 
Post ID: 223114 16-06-15 13:29:37
Report Abuse
Contributors:
adamthorat(7)  ashrafm(2)  febpreet(2)  Fido(1)  Full House(2)  happywoman36(10)  Many(1)  
New immigrant(1)  Newlyborn(1)  rajcanada(1)  ramar2005(1)  san-hugo(1)  tamilkuravan(1)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.