Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  Canada Immigration Forum > General > Our Native Country! > Sushma, Swaraj unto herself
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] >

Sushma, Swaraj unto herself




From 9.00AM on Sunday, when Times Now and Arnab broke the news about this minister Delhi has become a battlefield around her residence.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/sushma-swaraj-in-soup-over-lalit-modi-visa/article7316029.ece

Nobody can forget Swaraj dancing at Mahatma's Rajghat.

When the IPL fame Lalit Modi has been restrained by Delhi High Court, she did not approach the court on humanitarian grounds but proceeded herself. Her daughter is lawyer for lalit Modi and her husband asking Modi about higher studies in law in England for their nephew. May be he was referring to the cost.

Now we know why and how many other fugitives are unable to be apprehended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


 
ramar2005

Senior Desi
Member since: Sep 04
Posts: 1233
Location: India.

Post ID: 223036 15-06-15 05:10:28
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Strange are those people that trust the high pitched and (56";) chest thumping promises of yet another 'same-to-same' govt. Not realizing that they are the same people and politicians hand in gloves of high and mighty. How are they different from the erstwhile Govts is beyond me.

Knots are being untangled gradually. 4 more years to go.


 
Post ID: 223053 15-06-15 13:01:42
Report Abuse
Delhite
Senior Desi
Member since: Nov 04




Posts: 938
Location: Brampton


On a lighter note Govt. of India is going to open a helpline for fugitive and criminal Indians living abroad for speedy assistance. The only condition is to hire Bansuri Swaraj as a lawyer. Soon Dawood will take her services to get a travel document from Pakistan with recommendations of MEA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Delhite in Toronto

 
Post ID: 223062 15-06-15 14:28:04
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Delhite

Soon Dawood will take her services to get a travel document from Pakistan with recommendations of MEA.



On a humanitarian grounds, no less.


 
Post ID: 223063 15-06-15 14:44:46
Report Abuse
Blue_Peafowl
Senior Desi
Member since: Dec 08




Posts: 1350
Location: Brampton, Ont, Canada


Good Ramar , youR always fast to post anything Modi govt does.

I M WAITING FOR YOUR SOME SUDDJESTION ON YOUR FAVAURITY PARTY DRAMA:

Power tariff hiked in Delhi by up to 6%, will be applicable from Monday - The Economic Times


Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar Arrested

Domestic violence complaint against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti filed by his wife with Delhi Commission For Women.

Somnath Bharti blames Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi for instigating his wife, says Police chief is vindictive and prejudiced
IndiaTodayFLASH (@IndiaTodayFLASH) June 12, 2015
Caliph Omar is a role model: Delhi CM Kejriwal very secular - Next will be Shariah for Delhi ..

About foreign policy:
Hamare PM ne Mongolia ko itna paisa diya, agar aap sab PM ke ghar jaoge toh woh zaroor apka vetan denge: CM Kejriwal pic.twitter.com/PNgWKy9dYK

-----------------------------------------------------------------
'Some goals are so worthy, it's glorious even to fail.' (Param Vir Chakra awardee Lt. Manoj Pandey)

 
Post ID: 223064 15-06-15 14:51:13
Report Abuse
Fido
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 06




Posts: 5286
Location: Canada


And funny thing about you Blue Peafowl is when being shown the negatives of your blindly followed icon or his compatriots , in stead of showing some reasons or defense , you always jump into offensive for AAP & Congi s


Looks like you accept the BJP leaders of their wrongdoings .... What do you have to say about Sushma Swaraj (as external affairs minister ) personally helping Lalit Modi get a UK Visa while he is a declared fugitive ??

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Fido.

 
Post ID: 223066 15-06-15 14:58:06
Report Abuse
hchheda
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 05




Posts: 2243
Location: Woodbridge


I am trying to understand this controversy - please help if anyone has more knowledge about it.

Based on news reports UK govt wanted clarification from MEA if providing the travel document to Lalit Modi will effect the official/diplomatic relationship between India & UK. Sushma Swaraj replied that the UK govt should process his application on merit and it has no bearing on their relationship. What is wrong in this?
1. Lalit modi, whatever his image, has still no criminal convictions in India.
2. He enjoys legal residency status in UK.
3. He can legally travel between UK and Portugal if issued the necessary travel document by UK govt.
4. How was the MEA expected to react?

Many more skeletons are going to tumble out of this closet - but those most likely will be vindictive skeletons, not related to this episode.

The 24/7 Media just received the juicy fruit they needed to chew for some time.

Hiren


 
Post ID: 223068 15-06-15 15:26:27
Report Abuse
adamthorat
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 11




Posts: 1041
Location:


Conflict of interest here with Modi , Sushma's daughter & Sushma ..the optics are NOT good.

Sushma Swarajs daughter part of Lalit Modis legal team in passport case.

On April 18, 2012, the HC issued a notice on Lalit Modis plea. Senior advocate Mukul Rohatgi, now the Attorney General of India, had appeared for him.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/sushmas-daughter-part-of-his-legal-team-in-passport-case/

Quote:
Originally posted by hchheda

I am trying to understand this controversy - please help if anyone has more knowledge about it.

Based on news reports UK govt wanted clarification from MEA if providing the travel document to Lalit Modi will effect the official/diplomatic relationship between India & UK. Sushma Swaraj replied that the UK govt should process his application on merit and it has no bearing on their relationship. What is wrong in this?
1. Lalit modi, whatever his image, has still no criminal convictions in India.
2. He enjoys legal residency status in UK.
3. He can legally travel between UK and Portugal if issued the necessary travel document by UK govt.
4. How was the MEA expected to react?

Many more skeletons are going to tumble out of this closet - but those most likely will be vindictive skeletons, not related to this episode.

The 24/7 Media just received the juicy fruit they needed to chew for some time.

Hiren



 
Post ID: 223070 15-06-15 15:51:55
Report Abuse
febpreet
Senior Desi
Member since: Jan 07




Posts: 3252
Location:


Quote:
Originally posted by Blue_Peafowl

Good Ramar , youR always fast to post anything Modi govt does.

I M WAITING FOR YOUR SOME SUDDJESTION ON YOUR FAVAURITY PARTY DRAMA:

Power tariff hiked in Delhi by up to 6%, will be applicable from Monday - The Economic Times


Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar Arrested

Domestic violence complaint against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti filed by his wife with Delhi Commission For Women.

Somnath Bharti blames Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi for instigating his wife, says Police chief is vindictive and prejudiced
IndiaTodayFLASH (@IndiaTodayFLASH) June 12, 2015
Caliph Omar is a role model: Delhi CM Kejriwal very secular - Next will be Shariah for Delhi ..

About foreign policy:
Hamare PM ne Mongolia ko itna paisa diya, agar aap sab PM ke ghar jaoge toh woh zaroor apka vetan denge: CM Kejriwal pic.twitter.com/PNgWKy9dYK



Dude, we the supporters of AAP have repeatedly said that the culprits (Tomar with allegedly fake degrees, SB, etc.) should be punished IF found guilty.

If anyone from AAP is found to be in conflict of interests, they should go. As simple as that. This is my personal opinion. They should be held to the same moral/high grounds as they expect from other parties.

Revisit / Read our posts again, don't literally jump to the 'whataboutism'.


 
Last edited by: febpreet on 15-06-15 16:53:03
Post ID: 223071 15-06-15 16:02:44
Report Abuse
Delhite
Senior Desi
Member since: Nov 04




Posts: 938
Location: Brampton


Enforcement Directorate has issued a blue corner notice of Lalit Modi it means that he is wanted by ED and avoiding FEMA investigation of over 400 crore since 2010. He is involved in economic crime so ED is after him. But this scam may not be considerable one because his lawyer is daughter of Foreign Minister.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
A Delhite in Toronto

 
Post ID: 223073 15-06-15 16:44:37
Report Abuse
Contributors:
adamthorat(1)  BlueLobster(1)  Blue_Peafowl(10)  DELHI INDIAN(4)  Delhite(4)  elmer fudd(1)  febpreet(6)  
Fido(15)  happywoman36(1)  hchheda(1)  Nightmare(1)  Rajagopal(1)  ramar2005(11)  san-hugo(4)  
tamilkuravan(1)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] [ 4 ] [ 5 ] [ 6 ] [ 7 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.