Back to Home PageWelcome Guest! Register | Login | Home | Contact Us | Site Map | Advertise | FAQ | Search
Canadian Desi
    Charcha


        
  > What's the best approach to change cellphone device(Rogers)?
Last Post | Newest Post
 
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >

What's the best approach to change cellphone device(Rogers)?




Hello CDs,

I am in 3 yr contract with Rogers. Completed 2 yrs. I want to change my cellphone device. What is the best way to approach?

My thoughts/options are:

1)If Rogers are giving good deals to retain consumers once the contract is over then I can use my existing phone for one more yr and once contract term is over I can ask for good deal.

2)Call Rogers and negotiate with them for new cellphone and if needed extend contract for more 3 yr (as a new costumer) and choose a new cellphone from current deals. Still dont know even this is possible.

3)Get a new device from shop without any plan

What kind of deal Rogers offer once the contract is over. (discount/new cellphone etc)
Pl give me your feedback.

Thanks


 
Last edited by: frnd on 15-08-08 08:40:37
frnd

Senior Desi
Member since: May 07
Posts: 239
Location: GTA

Post ID: 125928 15-08-08 08:34:15
Report Abuse
peacock1
Senior Desi
Member since: Jul 04




Posts: 1032
Location: Woodbridge

ROGERS
Hi, you can switch to fido with a new fresh contract without penalty with rogers, you get the phone free with the new contract depending on the plan you choose
-----------------------------------------------------------------
mor

Whenever you experience joy, peace, security, equanimity or purity, it is only because you are aligned with ALMIGHTY.

 
Post ID: 125930 15-08-08 08:53:57
Report Abuse
Desi # 1
Senior Desi
Member since: Dec 03




Posts: 1420
Location: Mississauga


Quote:
Originally posted by frnd

Hello CDs,

I am in 3 yr contract with Rogers. Completed 2 yrs. I want to change my cellphone device. What is the best way to approach?

My thoughts/options are:

1)If Rogers are giving good deals to retain consumers once the contract is over then I can use my existing phone for one more yr and once contract term is over I can ask for good deal.

2)Call Rogers and negotiate with them for new cellphone and if needed extend contract for more 3 yr (as a new costumer) and choose a new cellphone from current deals. Still dont know even this is possible.

3)Get a new device from shop without any plan

What kind of deal Rogers offer once the contract is over. (discount/new cellphone etc)
Pl give me your feedback.

Thanks



After 18 months you are eligible for HUG (Hardware Upgrade).


 
Post ID: 125931 15-08-08 08:56:10
Report Abuse
frnd
Senior Desi
Member since: May 07




Posts: 239
Location: GTA


Quote:
Originally posted by Desi # 1

After 18 months you are eligible for HUG (Hardware Upgrade).



HUG is with extended contract or month to month billing?


 
Post ID: 125946 15-08-08 10:11:43
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
HUG is with extended contract or month to month billing?


HUG is Contract ... can be new - can be renewal.

and Once your Contract is over - you continue/change the plan as your convinience. You are not binded (contracted)

Best option for you is to call Rogers and Find out.


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 125950 15-08-08 10:26:18
Report Abuse
frnd
Senior Desi
Member since: May 07




Posts: 239
Location: GTA


Quote:
Originally posted by Maharaj

Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
HUG is with extended contract or month to month billing?


HUG is Contract ... can be new - can be renewal.

and Once your Contract is over - you continue/change the plan as your convinience. You are not binded (contracted)

Best option for you is to call Rogers and Find out.




Maharaj, I called Rogers last night, waited for 15 min for a representative and you guessed right.. I hung up.

Also, being a vendor rogers will tell us fact; while being a user, CDs will provide their honest opinion.


 
Post ID: 125953 15-08-08 10:50:28
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
Maharaj, I called Rogers last night, waited for 15 min for a representative and you guessed right.. I hung up.

Also, being a vendor rogers will tell us fact; while being a user, CDs will provide their honest opinion.


I dont know what you mean by Honest opinion when, as you said, vendor is telling you the fact.

If not satisfied - call them again talk to different agent. You have an option to go to Rogers Store as well.

You hung up after 15 min ... hmmm ... you'll end up calling again. But make sure you make some reasonable noise when you manage to get through. Ask them for better deal. Better than what they are giving. Don't be shy to tell them that you are looking for options. If not today at the end of the contract.

As someone has said, The squeaky wheel gets the Grease.

All The Best ...


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 125955 15-08-08 10:59:52
Report Abuse
frnd
Senior Desi
Member since: May 07




Posts: 239
Location: GTA


Quote:
Originally posted by Maharaj

I dont know what you mean by Honest opinion when, as you said, vendor is telling you the fact.

If not satisfied - call them again talk to different agent. You have an option to go to Rogers Store as well.

You hung up after 15 min ... hmmm ... you'll end up calling again. But make sure you make some reasonable noise when you manage to get through. Ask them for better deal. Better than what they are giving. Don't be shy to tell them that you are looking for options. If not today at the end of the contract.

As someone has said, The squeaky wheel gets the Grease.

All The Best ...




Thanks for sharing you views, Maharaj

Quote:

I dont know what you mean by Honest opinion when, as you said, vendor is telling you the fact.



Fact:
Rogers give HUG after contract is finish
OR
Ontario is a province located in the central part of Canada.

Opinion:
It is good to ask for discount in bill than asking for HUG. Get hardware from different vendor
OR
Ontario is the best place to live in, / Ontario is pretty in summer.



 
Last edited by: frnd on 15-08-08 11:26:03
Post ID: 125957 15-08-08 11:17:52
Report Abuse
viggy
Senior Desi
Member since: Aug 07




Posts: 569
Location:


Talk in person at a Rogers store or even better to third party vendor's like Wireless etc. They deal with both Rogers and Fido (Switching between them is penalty free) + they may have additional deals. If you have costco membership, there is a Wireless Etc booth inside. They have discounts on new phone + free accessories + costco gives a $50 off. I recently switched from Rogers to Fido and got a newer phone... On the flip side, you will need to sign a new contract.

 
Post ID: 125958 15-08-08 11:25:36
Report Abuse
Maharaj
Senior Desi
Member since: Oct 02




Posts: 1721
Location: Brampton


Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
Opinion:
It is good to ask for discount in bill then asking for HUG and get hardware from different vendor


As Rogers is GSM ... you have a choice of buying Hand Set from Manufacture rather than through Rogers. IMHO They are not throwing HUG for Free, they are getting you for another 3 years. If you dont HUG, you may get couple months Free Calling not discount in monthly billing.

again IMHO
Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
Fact:
Rogers give HUG after contract is finish


This is Opinion ... coz the fact is, they give before that as pointed out - 18 months.

Quote:
Originally posted by frnd
Opinion:
Ontario is the best place to live in, / Ontario is pretty in summer.


the Fact is Ontario is Pretty in Summer.

Signing out
... All the Best


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mumbai Maazi Ladki ...

 
Post ID: 125962 15-08-08 11:35:34
Report Abuse
Contributors:
Desi # 1(1)  frnd(6)  G13(1)  Maharaj(3)  peacock1(1)  viggy(1)  
< [ 1 ] [ 2 ] >
 
Show Printable version
Send this page to a friend
Add to favorites
 


 
Web
CanadianDesi
Please Contribute!
Write an Article
Send Community News
Create Photo and Video Albums
Submit Good Pictures
List Useful Websites
Post Jobs
Submit Events
List for FREE!
Businesses
Classifieds
Social Organizations
Religious Places
Employment Agencies
Email Page
Your Email
Friend\'s Email

Advertise Contact Us Privacy Policy and Terms of Usage FAQ
Canadian Desi
© 2001 Marg eSolutions


Site designed, developed and maintained by Marg eSolutions Inc.